OIS Student Assistant Position
The Office Assistant provides support to the staff of the JHU Office of International Services in DC. The following expectations specify the nature of the position. This is a part time position.
The OIS Office Assistant will:
- Be able to communicate and interact positively and effectively with faculty, staff and students
- Possess sound judgment and strong organizational skills
- Speak, read and write English fluently
- Ability to communicate in a clear and friendly manner
- Be familiar and have excellent knowledge with Microsoft systems including Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, computer data entry, filing and telephone reception.
- Maintain enrollment in the minimum number of hours required by University policy
Responsibilities: The Front Office Assistant will:
- Answer the phones and greet visitors to the office
- Take complete, accurate, and professional phone messages.
- Assist visitors and callers by providing accurate information regarding OIS policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the programs and services offered by OIS
- Data entry
- Perform varied clerical duties such as filing, copying, scanning/uploading, and running errands.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mailings
- Be on time for work and work hours as scheduled
- Make effective use of work time
- Complete time sheets promptly, accurately, and submit them by the deadlines specified
- Complete all tasks assigned in an accurate, prompt and thorough manner
- Be receptive and sensitive to visitors and callers
- Refer problems or potential problems to supervisor
- Present a positive image of OIS
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Maintain objectivity and confidentially in all sensitive matters
- Be friendly to and cooperative with other University personnel as well as the general public